Friday, July 13, 2007

I could be a superhero...

This is a flamingo, from the Fibertrends pattern. Bought ages ago, back when I was shopping for yarn for my first hat, back before I even had an inkling of a clue how to make a flamingo, bought so that I had something to aspire to. And now it is made. (You'll have to use your imagination a bit on this. It's not felted yet.)

Stats: 3 balls Lion Wool in Rose, one ball of Lionbrand Fun Fur in Soft Pink, leftover Lamb's Pride Worsted in Onyx, knit on size 10 1/2 needles for the body, and the legs were supposed to be knit on size 11 (8mm). I could only find one of my 8mm needles, so they're knit on one 8mm, one 7 mm.

As with most felted patterns, this starts out huge. Which is a good thing, if one were to exist in my twisted little mind. Because a huge flamingo head and body, waiting to be sewn up, lends itself very well to this sort of silliness.
Flamingo Girl to the rescue!
Once the flamingo is done, it will reside in my office at school, which is desperately in need of some personality and color.

No comments: