Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Finals are bad.

At this point in the semester, I am functioning on too little sleep and way too much coffee. I look forward to May 8, when all my papers will be turned in, and I can just spend the day curled up in bed, and possibly dealing with some of the wedding stuff that's been creeping up and I've been studiously ignoring.

Because of these circumstances, knitting is kept simple. The veil is on hiatus until I don't have a constant feeling of puffyness from lack of sleep. Projects that I want to start, I don't, because I have doubts as to my counting abilities right now. About the only thing I can manage is socks, not becasue they're easy (although that helps), but because when I have to rip them back, it's not such a big deal.

My current socks have had the leg ripped back... about five times, for various fit reasons. All in all, I'm happy that I did it, both because they now fit, but also because their current incarnation is just stockinette. Which is mindless, so I can do it while scanning through articles on my computer.

I may or may not be posting for a bit. While I don't mind the extra writing from this, I can't drag myself over to a clean spot on the floor to take a picture of anything. In the interest of full disclosure, I should say that clean spots on the floor are rather rare right now. Books and papers cover everything. May 8, I'll clean.

No comments: