Monday, April 2, 2007

What I Knit Over Spring Break

I needed a small project to go on the plane with me. Something small enough to fit wherever I chose to stuff it, but big enough to last the entire trip. At first I was going to bring a pair of socks, but when I started on the Red Herring socks from Knitty, they came out too big and I ripped them. Instead, I knit this:
Doesn't look like much, huh? That's just because it hasn't undergone the wonders of blocking!

Much better.
The stats:
Swallowtail Shawl from Fall '06 Interweave Knits, designed by Evelyn Clark. Knit with Knitpicks Shadow in Jewel on size 5 needles. Finished, blocked measurements: 23 along center back and 55 across the top.
I started this last Tuesday, knit the first chart, then set it aside until Thursday, when we were on the plane. We got back from Spring Break on Friday, and I finished on Saturday and blocked the shawl on Sunday.

No comments: