Sunday, April 1, 2007

Why I Love My Parents



Well, one of many reasons. I went home for spring break this week (part of the reason there has been such a lack of posting here), and this was waiting for me when I got there:

That is two 2-oz balls of JaggerSpun Zephyr Silk/Wool in Garnet, two 2 oz balls of JaggerSpun Zephyr Silk/Wool in Juniper, two balls of Regia sock yarn in color 5180 (the label is in a foreign language, so that's as much information as I can glean), and two balls of Fortissima sock yarn in 9099. Plus, a set of bamboo size 2 dpns.


Sock yarn is always great (and the Regia is destined to grace my dad's feet), and the lace weight is the same brand as my wedding veil is made out of, just different colors. Total coincidence.


Apparently, my parents were in a yarn store and my dad, always an enabler, selected some yarn he thought I would like, ignoring my mom's protests that I had enough yarn. Silly woman.


As if that weren't enough, my mom and I took a trip to the local Hancock Fabrics, which was going out of business. This means, of course, that everything was on sale.
It's all Lionbrand, but it all has a purpose. There are six balls of Microspun in French Vanilla, three balls of Lion Wool in Rose, one balls of Fun Fur in Soft Pink, and a ball of Magic Stripes in Jellybean. In addition, there are stitch holders, cabone rings to use as stitch markers, and my very own Chibi. Blue.
Come back tomorrow to find out what Rhiannon knit on her spring break. I think it's terribly impressive.



No comments: