Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Current projects?

So what have I been working on since I got back from Spring Break?

School, mostly. Sorry, but I would like to graduate eventually, and with three papers due at the end of the semester, I need to start now. And, as often happens, knitting suffers.

That's not to say that I haven't been knitting at all. I usually get a couple of hours in the morning, when I make my blog rounds. The wedding veil is still a work in progress. Unfortunately, it doesn't photograph well, being all bunch up on the needle, so there may not be any more pictures until the center portion is done.

Aside from that, I have been working on a nice little summer tank.


Soleil from Knitty. Knit with Lionbrand Microspun in French Vanilla on size 6 needles.

Everything was going along swimmingly. I had cast on, finished the lace portion and started the stockinette when I made a fatal mistake. I checked my gauge. I know I've said this before: I don't swatch. So far, everything's worked out for me. This time, my tape measure said I was off. Rather significantly. After some quick calculations, I was worried about the fit of this tank. So I tried it on. And it seemed to fit. And so, the intrepid knitter forges ahead.

No comments: