The center portion of the wedding veil is half-way done. Yay! Since I only wanted a half circle, I pretty much just knit until it looked long enough, then bound off the top edge.
It's a bit pointy at the top corners, but I think I'll be able to block it into an appropriately semi-circular shape.
I knew I didn't want that inner border, with the crowns and hearts and what-not, so I modified the pattern a bit, to skip it. Instead, I picked up all the stitches around the edges, knit a couple of rows, an eyelet row, and a couple more, then left the stitches on the needles and started knitting the braid and sawtooth edging. I got about one and a half repeats done last night. I'll need about thirty total.