So there I was, diligently working on the Endpaper mitt, thinking about how I really liked the way the white and orange yarns looked together, and wasn't I happy that the weather had turned cold again, so I'd have a chance to wear them... and I got distracted.
All of my bridesmaids are wearing the same dress, so there was nothing to distinguish my MOH. Since the dresses are sleeveless, the perfect thing would be a little shrug... Knitty has a pattern for that... and I have that Microspun leftover from Solieil.... I had a plan.
The Endpaper mitt was cast aside, and I cast on the shrug... It didn't work. Number 1, I should have thought that acrylic doesn't block, so a lacy shrug, not a good idea. Number 2, the knitting made my hands hurt. I didn't even make it through the first row, and my hands hurt. I found another pattern, ordered more yarn (so cheap!!), and devotedly returned to the mitts.
Last night, it happened again.
Socks for my dad.
I'm not a good person.