Monday, February 19, 2007

A Normal Weekend

Every Saturday, it seems, I get completely bored with whatever I'm knitting and cast on something new. This weekend was no exception.

Pattern: We Call Them Pirate Mittens

Yarn: Knitpicks Telemark in Black and Cream

Needles: Size 3 (3.25 mm)

Comments: Well, my first successful fair-isle, but I don't think there will be a pair of these. I don't wear mittens, as a general rule, and they're still a bit snug. I may try the next mitten one needle size up, or I may just toss this into a drawer as proof that I can do fair-isle.

What did surprise me is that, usually, the one start-to-finish project takes care of everything, and I'm back to knitting on my WIPs. This time, I finished the mitten and still didn't want to knit on anything. So I cast on another thing. The Letter Have it Bag from Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation. I started on the back so I can use it for a gauge swatch, then use Knitter's Graph paper to chart out an ankh for the front of the bag. 'Cause I'm rockin' like that.

No comments: