Thursday, January 4, 2007

Mariah has been joined together. It's huge and heavy, and considerably harder to knit on when I'm at the computer (which is when I usually do most of my knitting.) I'm seriously considering just ripping back the four rows I've knit since I joined it together and knitting the raglan shaping into each piece separately. I probably won't though, pattern slave that I am. I was going to take a picture of it, but it just looks like a red knitted blob on a too-short needle. Once the number of stitches is down to a reasonable number, there will be pictures.


Recently, I've been doing a lot of knitting, and have a fair number of FOs to show off. Lacking any knitting to talk about except for Mariah, these will be showcased.


First, Branching Out, from Knitty.

This is the second time I've made this pattern. It's blocking in the picture, and I didn't manage to get the edges even remotely straight. But that's okay, because the wavyness of the edges ... accentuates the leafyness of the lace pattern. Yeah. That's totally believable.
Stats: This was knit on size 7 (4.5 mm) needles with Knitpicks Palette in Pool, I think. This first one looks exactly like this, only the blue was slightly lighter (Knitpicks Palette in Sky). This is a gift for a very dear friend of mine. In addition to being the sweetest person in the world, and my maid-of-honor (and anyone who willingly puts up with me while planning a wedding deserves all of the hand knits I can force upon them), but her military husband just got shipped overseas to Afghanistan, so she's going through a bit of a rough patch. Hopefully, this will cheer her up a bit.

No comments: