Thursday, January 18, 2007

Man, that's a quick knit


I started these around 9:00 last night. They are almost done. Crazy. These are Natalya by Jody Pirrello. I shortened them considerably and am using a smaller needle (size 6), but I love them. I'm making them for one of my boyfriend's coworkers, but now I'm kind of hoping she won't want them, and I'll have them all to myself. I'm a selfish person, what can I say. I still need to knit about four more rounds, then add the half-fingers, and a mitten shell (not included in the pattern, but I've winged it before on gloves, so I'm not worried), then they're done! I think I'm in love with Jody. These are perfect. Even if Lisa does want these, I'm thinking I'll need to make a pair for myself.
If anyone's curious about why I'm making these for someone, and wondering if they'll want them (since I know most knitters would say "if you're not sure the knitwear will be appreciated, don't knit for the person), I offered to make a pair of fingerless gloves for the person, but, due to time constraints and crazy schedules, I haven't been able to ask exactly what she wants. So I'm guessing. I like them, though.

No comments: