Saturday, June 30, 2007

No rest for the wicked

This summer isn't exactly going to be a restful downtime for me. First we had the wedding, and, about two days before the ceremony, I got word that we're moving on campus. Which is a good thing, 'cause we're getting a two bedroom for less than what we're paying here (one-bedroom), high speed Internet is included, it's more convenient for me, for school, and closer to downtown. So it's a really good thing, in the long run. In the short run, we have to move. Boxes, packing, bribing friends with beer and pizza to help carry our couch up to the third floor...

So not a lot of resting here. There is knitting.

First-
The Om Yoga Bag from Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation (which, by the way, is on Amazon for $3.19, if you don't already have this), modified to be large enough to hold both my yoga mat and my blocking board. Still need to add a drawstring and handles, but the main part's done. This was inspired by the move, since they're both so unwieldy and uncurl at every opportunity. Made from Lionbrand Microspun.
Other than that, I've been knitting a few rows here and there on Mom's stole, and knitting a lot more on Starsky Jr. I have one ball of yarn left, for the left front and the shawl collar, so I'm almost positive I'll run out. Right now, I'm fighting that, with the "knit very fast, and the yarn will last longer" technique.

No comments: