Wednesday, May 23, 2007

New knitting!

I generally try to have two projects on the needles at one time (that's two projects that I'm actively working on. Those that I've dropped into my stash don't count.) With the completion of both the knee-high stripey socks and the MOH shrug, I needed two new projects, one for TV knitting, and one for computer knitting.


TV knitting: Eunny Jang's Print o' the Wave Stole


Knit on a size 4 circular with Zephyr Silk/Wool in Juniper. This will be for my mom when I finish it.



Currently, I've finished one half of the center panel, and am about three repeats into the second.

The original stole is something like 80" long. Seeing as how my mom's pretty short, I didn't want this to overwhelm her, so I'm shortening it, just by a couple of repeats. I also plan on ending with a half repeat, as per suggested on another knitting blog.

Computer knitting: Knitty's Starsky Jr.

There are advantages to being a small person. For example, you can make the largest size of a kidswear pattern and reasonably expect it to fit.

That's most of one sleeve (also known as a gauge swatch.)

The yarn for this is Knitpicks Merino Style in Coal. Funnily enough, it's the same yarn I was using for another sweater. But I gave that sweater a long, hard look, and came to one very important conclusion.

I hated it. Too lazy to do proper intarsia, the back side was a mess of crossed yarns and unwoven ends. The idea of knitting more on that was... not well received. So, I started another sweater. There should be just enough of the black to complete this (although it is a shame to have such a complex cable pattern on black yarn).

I also have about four balls of bright red that I need to do something with.

No comments: