Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

My knitting projects have reached the horrible just-get-it-done-and-you-can-move-on phase. Starsky Jr. has a front, and I'm working on the back. It seems a lot harder to do, what with 90 stitches, three repeats, and cabling on every row. Print o' the Wave has a finished center panel, but, despite my best intention, I forgot to take a picture before beginning to pick up stitches around the edge. By the time I remembered, it didn't look like a stole anymore, just a crumpled bag of lace on a too short circular needle. I'm going to finish picking up stitches today, and try to get the inner border eyelet section done before Friday. Starsky Jr. has a goal on one repeat a day.

I'm going home on Friday. Alone. Bradly will be following the next week. I ended up buying new luggage because none of my current ones could fit my wedding dress. I had hoped to have that in my carry-on, so I didn't risk it getting lost, but that's not going to happen. I know what knitting I'm bringing on the plane with me (my pink socks and possibly Mom's stole), but I need to figure out how much yarn I need for about three and a half weeks away from my stash.

Current plans:
Carry on will have one ball and needles for pink sock and Mom's stole.
Checked luggage will have remaining pink sock yarn, yarn for my Dad's other sock, along with the needles, maybe Starsky Jr. I haven't decided yet. Maybe more.

I have to go pack now. And clean up the apartment.

No comments: