Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Bag of Woes

First, the veil has been ripped. It will be replaced with Ingrid's Bridal Knot Shawl from Meg Swanson's A Gathering of Lace. With modifications, of course. Why is it I'm scared to change a pattern for something simple, like a hat, but have no trouble rewriting a horribly complex lace shawl pattern? I don't get me sometimes.

The Letter Have It bag has problems, of my own making. I'm using up stash yarn for this, so where the pattern calls for two balls of Cascade 220, I'm using one ball of Paton's Classic Wool (leftover from my Mariah). I expected to run out, and prioritized the knitting order. Back, front, center panel, handles. I made it through the center panel all right, but this is all the yarn I have left:
That's not enough for the handles. But, once again, I have a plan (as often as I say that, it should be my blog title). While I don't have enough Paton's Wool for the handles, I do have these:






That's Lamb's Pride Worsted in Onyx (which all my contrast is in) and Red Baron. Which isn't an exact match for the Paton's, but it is a bright red. I'm going to try a striping thing. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Shaughna said...

Good luck with Ingrid. I highly suggest getting the charts photocopied at least 150% of the size they are in the book to save your eyes. I look forward to seeing your progress.